- Sonoma County Water: Issues and Solutions
- When: Saturday April 13, 11am to 4pm
- Where: Montgomery Village, 911 Village Court, Santa Rosa
near Farmers Lane
- More information
- It's "Bambi vs the Bulldozer"
- When: Wednesday, May 15, 7pm
- Where: Glaser Center
(547 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa)
- Redwood Chapter and Sonoma Group will host a public forum on our magnificent coastal forests, featuring a presentation by University of California Extension Forest Advisor Greg Giusti on the Ecology of the Coastal Redwood Forest, and also including discussion of the threats they face from sprawling residential development and vineyard conversion. Please join us at this free event. For more info download the flyer.
In this bi-monthly report:
- “Preservation” Ranch About to be Truly Preserved
- Port Sonoma-Carneros Fill Project
- Water Committee
- Transit & Planning Issues
See the entire SONOMA GROUP REPORT.
- Request for Full Environmental Impact Report
- Important environmental issues were not sufficiently analyzed in the Mitigated Negative Declaration or identified by the staff report. The nature of the project requires a full Environmental Impact Report (EIR) as mandated by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA.)
- Read the Letter to Sonoma County Board of Supervisors.
You can now receive this newsletter by email rather than the printed copy that comes in the mail. Reduce your carbon footprint, and help the Redwood Chapter save money! The newsletter will be sent to you as a pdf attachment, and will be 1.6 MB or smaller.
To receive a copy of the Redwood Needles by email, instead of a print copy in the mail, send an email to RedwoodNeedles@gmail.com with your name and address, and “newsletter by email” in the subject line. Your newsletter will be sent to the email address that you send the message by, unless you request it be sent to an alternate email address. You can also request to receive notice that the Redwood Needles is available on the Redwood Chapter website instead of receiving the newsletter as an attachment; please include that request in your email.
- Explore and enjoy nature. Try a hike.
- Want to do your part to protect the environment? Find your interest. Attend a meeting.