The Executive Committee is the board of directors of the Sonoma Group, made up of volunteers who are elected for two-year terms by Group members. The ExCom oversees policy, the budget, outreach and membership matters for the Group.
The Conservation Committee identifies local environmental priorities and directs grassroots conservation activities. It is made up of issue committees that focus on specific interests. Members can create new committees as new issues arise. Active committees at this time are:
- Climate & Energy Committee: Join us in helping Sonoma County keep its greenhouse gas reduction pledge, in pushing for more local and renewable energy resources, and in increasing public awareness about global warming and its solutions.
- Water Committee: Join us in working to ensure an ample and sustainable supply of safe water for the natural habitat and for human uses.
- Forest Protection: Help strengthen our timberland ordinance to prevent further forest conversion to vineyards, to prevent habitat fragmentation, and to keep construction of new roads to a minimum.
- Meetings Committee meeting times and place.
- Contact Us Committee contacts.
- Volunteer There are ongoing volunteer opportunities in media, tabling, office work, writing, event planning, monthly forum setups, political committee work and more!